Dick Hills: A Man After God’s Heart
David was described in Acts 13:22, “a man after my heart who will do all my will.” This was true of Dick Hills. He was not perfect as a man or as a leader, but he was attuned to the very heart of God. His heart was fully surrendered to God.
1. Deep, deep burden for the lost and a passion to see them reached for Christ.
2. Unshakable conviction that the church is central to the outworking of God’s plan in this age.
3. A love and commitment to the shepherds of the church.
4. Carrying out the ministry with a humble, servant’s heart.
5. A bold, audacious faith – trusting God that His provision and power would be adequate to do that which He’s called us to do.
“His heart was aligned with the heart of God. ” — Greg Gripentrog
As Paul described David in Acts 13:36, Dick Hillis “served the purpose of God in his own generation.”
The heart of OC is seen in Dick’s commitment to “Building a platform for the nationals.” OC isn’t a group of Pauls looking for Timothys. OC is Branabuses looking for Sauls.
“For what we proclaim is not ourselves,but Jesus Christ as Lord,with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.” 2 Corinthians 4:5
Is that your heart?