Young, developing leaders are looking for relationship and they will receive coaching and mentoring from those with whom they have relationship.
Dr. Steve Ogne makes the following observations about coaching young leaders effectively:
1. Values are more important than vision.
2. Authenticity is more important than quality.
3. Ministry is personal and not programmatic or institutional.
4. Success is measured by the experience not the result.
5. Accountability is found in a community of leaders.
6. Bible story is more powerful than management theory.
7. Young and postmodern leaders need holistic support.