Each year our family gets together at the beginning of the new year and shares where we want to go, who we want to be, and what we want to do over the next twelve months. Over the years we’ve called this our “Go. Be. Dos.” Several times during the year, my wife will send us a copy of our list with a reminder to reflect on how far along we’ve come.
Go. Be. Do.
GO – Where do I want to go this year?
BE – Who do I want to be this year?
DO – What do I want to do this year?
Last year I posted my list on my blog. It was great to reflect on which of the things on my list I’d accomplished, as well as the the factors that kept me from completing all of them.
Here is my list for 2012:
1. Fun place for 25th Anniversary (Aug 22)
2. NYC for Doug’s Graduation (May 25)
3. London with Deanne for ICF Conference
4. South Africa
1. Live more on mission
2. Dependent on the Holy Spirit
3. An excellent coach
1. End 2012 fully supported
2. Engage partners for Puget Sound Multiplication Initiative (PSMI)
3. Blog Daily – expand online content distribution
4. Exercise regularly – Gold’s Gym 3x/week
5. Payoff most of remaining debt!
What things have you dreamed to Go+Be+Do this year?
How committed are you to pursuing these dreams?