Consider Getting Away to Get it Together!
Recently, I’ve had this conversation with several different church planters. Most of them are not ready to launch a formal membership class. Yet they are eager to gain “buy-in” and ownership of the mission, vision and values.
A few years ago, my friend Steve Ogne and I facilitated a Launch Team Retreat (LTR) for a church planting team that was getting started in Riverside, California. Since then, the church has launched and continues to work toward accomplishing its vision.
- Build Relationships
- Understand Our Mission
- Seek God’s Blessing
- Focus Our Plans
- Ministry Focus Group – who will we reach?
- Gathering and Simple Evangelism – how will we reach?
- Raising Leaders – how will we raise leaders?
- Mobilizing Teams – how will we organize for mission?
- Ministry Flow Chart – what are the essential ministries?
- Prayer – how will we mobilize prayer?
If you’d be interested, Steve and I would love to help you facilitate an excellent Launch Team Retreat. Contact Steve at www.steveogne.org for more information.